Summertime is prime time for swimming and lounging by the pool. However, we want to remind you to be aware of common water safety tips. Whether you're swimming or watching your children swim, teaching your children about water safety tips is a smart idea. Here's a list of 5 tips approved by the American Red Cross that you can implement in your own households:
- Always swim with a buddy.
- Keep toys not in use away from the pool and out of sight.
- Swim in designated areas supervised by lifeguards.
- Actively supervise children whenever around the water.
- Always stay within arm's reach of young children and avoid distractions.
This article is brought to you by: The Swimming Swan