Head Lifeguard Employment
Head Lifeguard Employment
Head Lifeguards oversee, instruct, plan, and assess the swimming facility’s lifeguards and execute lifeguard activities while reporting directly to the Assistant Pool Manager/Pool Manager. They plan & lead staff in-service training with the assistance of upper management.
All Head Lifeguards are required to:
(1) Complete the online ARC Lifeguard Management course
(2) Have a valid ARC Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) certification OR be willing to complete the certification course within 90 days of hire.
We offer a 50% Reimbursal of your LGI certification & certification review courses for all of our 2023 staff.
The Swimming Swan is excited to begin hiring for the upcoming Spring and Summer 2023 Season!
We are dedicated to ensuring that we provide the highest quality services to our community, which is why we’re offering 50% Reimbursal of your certification & certification review courses for all of our staff at the end of the Season (Labor Day 2023). This includes Lifeguards/Head Lifeguards working onsite and for private clients. All are required to maintain their skills by participating in, at minimum, monthly in-services and recertification courses as needed.
Employment is contingent upon successful passing of a background/reference check and drug screening. Pay Rates are based on experience, certifications, and clientele.
If You are New to Aquatics – check out our Red Cross Certification Courses. We have on-going classes so you can learn the skills required to work in the industry.
$150 NEW HIRE BONUSES, 50% Reimbursement for PARTICIPATION IN OUR CERTIFICATION CLASSES FOR ALL NEW HIRES
AVAILABLE AND UPCOMING POSITIONS
San Diego County – Gilroy – Riverside County
As a Head Lifeguard/LGI, your role includes:
- Teaching 1 to 2 Lifeguard certification courses each month.
- Each course will equate to roughly 20 hours (weekend) and follow Red Cross standards
- Conducting monthly in-service training for onsite & independent lifeguards. More in-service training may be required depending on needs.
- This includes pre-season training for local staff.
- Virtual and in-person training is required
- Working directly with the County Manager to manage local lifeguard leads and schedules
- Potentially aid in the interviewing/hiring of new lifeguards
- Must be a minimum of 19 years of age with a High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and valid ARC or equivalent certification including but not limited to: Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, AED
- Current LGI Lifeguard Instructor Certification required
- 3+ year(s) lifeguard experience preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment verbal, swimming, and in-water skills test
- Flexible schedule required
- Strong customer service background preferred
We are looking for responsible and proactive people with at least 2-3 years of lifeguard experience to fill these leadership roles.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Swimming Swan LLC., is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.