Private Swim Lesson Policies & Procedures
Policies & Procedures for Private Swim Lessons
- Please keep your instructor’s cell phone number on hand. This is the quickest and most efficient way to rearrange swim lessons or aqua classes if needed.
- A parent or guardian must be present if a swim participant is under the age of 18.
- Maximum of 3 children allowed in our at home swim lesson packages. Children need to be similar in age and abilities. Children 2 to 3 years of age – a maximum of 2 swimmers allowed per lesson if no parents in the water.
- For group lessons, all participants must be present at the time of the lesson. If any participant is absent due to illness, we ask the instructor if they are able to accommodate that one swimmers 30 minute lesson with an added $4- $7 commute expense.
- Pool temperature must be at a minimum of 85 degrees. The U.S. Swim School Association strongly recommends a temperature of at least 88. If your child is too cold during the lesson it makes teaching very difficult. There are recommendations we can make to heat your pool, please contact our office if you have any questions.
- Air temperature must be a minimum of 55 degrees. In order to maintain the health and safety of our instructors we refrain from offering classes under the minimum air temperature
- No flotation devices allowed during swim lessons.
- Proper bathing suits must be worn during swim lessons.
- Full payments are made on this website. Instructors do not take payment or checks at the time of lessons. Please contact our office if you would like to schedule more swim lessons.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance by calling your swim instructor. Without a 24hour notice, you will forfeit the lesson with the exception of a medical emergency or a vacation that was disclosed during registration. Swim instructor’s are very busy and can schedule other swimmers during this time so please make sure you are abiding by this 24hour policy.
- Bad weather cancellation (including cold weather), please call your instructor to reschedule the lesson; there will be no penalty for bad weather. If an Instructor is at the pool at the time of lessons and bad weather happens to coincide with lessons, unfortunately the lesson time is forfeited and the lesson will be cancelled. We need to pay our staff for taking time our of their day to arrive at your location and we can penalize them for bad weather.
- Prorated refunds will be given if needed, on any unused lessons. Refunds will be credited by the same payment method used at time of registration.
- Additional lessons can be added through the website, sending us an email to email@example.com or by calling our office at any time.
- Our Insurance Policy protects Services that are registered and paid for via the website and with our office administrators.
I agreed with the following Statement of Liability by initialing:
Statement of Liability:
I agree to assume all liability for my children and myself, and hereby agree to allow my children to participate in swimming instruction carried on by The Swimming Swan, LLC.(the company). I hereby absolve and release and indemnify the company, it’s owners and instructors from all responsibility without regard to guilt while participating in the company’s swim lessons or swim lesson related activity.