Are you interested in becoming a Certified Swimming Instructor?
Earn your certification to teach American Red Cross swimming and water safety, and gain the skills needed to teach courses and make presentations to swimmers of every age and ability. Through this Aquatic Instructor Training program, you can help recreational swimmers meet their goals, refine their skills and stay safe in, on, and around water.
The WSI Certification Teaches the Following Learn-to-Swim Courses:
You will also learn:
- Water safety at public pools, homes, natural bodies of water and more, including the Circle of Drowning Prevention and Chain of Drowning Survival.
- Hydrodynamics, including why some things float, resistance to movement and creating movement in water, swimming efficiency and laws of levers.
- Basic safety, survival and swimming skills to help children gain water competency.
- Helping people with disabilities and other health conditions enjoy the water safely.
Water Safety Instructors will also learn how to teach:
- Higher-level swim skills that help prepare people of all ages for any aquatic activity.
- Stroke mechanics for all competitive strokes as well as starts, turns and headfirst entries.
- Water safety certification courses, including Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Basic Water Rescue.
- Fundamentals of diving from a diving board.
- Aquatic fitness and training for people of any age.
The Swimming Swan partners with a Third Party Certification Company that teaches WSI Courses in Various Areas. Please let us know if you are interested in obtaining your WSI Certification by emailing us here.