We are proud to announce a new partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) and are very excited to be working with them. NRPA is a collaborator with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission for the Pool Safely program. Pool Safely is a national public education campaign designed to reduce child drownings and entrapments in swimming pools and spas.
NRPA is dedicated to providing resources to aquatics professionals operating swimming pools in every community. Like us, their mission is to provide education, networking, resources and certification to pool operators to ensure healthy, efficient, successful, and vibrant aquatic facilities. In addition to the Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification program they offer, NRPA offers a wide variety of resources to certified pool operators and novices alike.
Their work does not end with aquatics. NRPA is the leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to building strong, healthy and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation. NRPA advances this vision by investing in and championing the work of park and recreation professionals as a catalyst for positive change in service of equity, climate-readiness, and overall health and well-being.
NRPA’s network of more than 60,000 park and recreation professionals and advocates represents public spaces in urban communities, rural settings and everything in between. NRPA champions and supports the field of parks and recreation through professional development, advocacy, grants and programs, research, publications and more.
Every day, in communities across the country, the people of parks and recreation are providing essential services and confronting the most pressing issues of our time such as the following:
- advancing mental and physical health
- creating climate-ready parks
- supporting equity and inclusion
- and so much more.
Our new partnership with NRPA is an exciting one. However, it is not the only one we have. We are open to new partnerships with schools, HOA's, government agencies and more. Take a look at what we have to offer in a partnership.
Who We Help
- Community Homeowners Associations (HOA’s)
- Preschools and Daycare centers
- Gyms and Health Clubs
- Medical Facility Pools
- Bed & Breakfast Inns, Hotels, Resorts and Casino’s
- Country Clubs
- Government Agencies
- Campgrounds & Summer Camps
What To Expect
- Thorough initial consultation of desired services
- Quick proposal turnaround
- Competitive, transparent fee structure
- Clear and timely phone and email communication
- Creation of and adherence to a feasible launch schedule
- Deployment of 2.0 community specific webpage
- Community App. extension for swim program registrations
- Advertising and Marketing Materials Distribution
On Going Duties
- All insurances prepared and in place
- Bi-Weekly Meetings with On-Site point of contact
- Scheduling of Staff
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Quarterly In-Services
- Creation of Swim Program Sessions & Calendar Updates
- Resident/Non-Resident Billing and Registrations
- Optional Semi-Annual Audits
- Optional Facility Equipment Purchase
Services We Provide For Individuals & Partnership
We offer a full range of services from the ground up or to compliment existing programs in select areas. Whether looking for a partnership or private lessons, take a look at the services we provide.
- Manage Learn-to-Swim Programs
- Youth and Masters Swim Team Development
- Independent Study Physical Education Swim Programs (ISPE)
- Aqua Fitness Services
- Lifeguard Management Services
- Pre-Service Training, In-Service Training, Performance Reviews and Audits
- Conduct On-Site Certification Courses
- Certified Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Services - Operational & Mechanical Systems Safety Checks
- Comprehensive Technology Platforms with Community App. functionality via Apple/Android
- General Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation
- Instructional, Rescue, First Aid and Safety Equipment Purchases
- Nationally recognized and Independent Learn to Swim Curriculums
- Promotional Marketing Materials
- On-Call, Seasonal or Year-Round Services
- Additional Management capabilities including for: cashiers, locker room attendants, concession personnel
- Risk Management
- COVID-19 Pool Monitor Services including reservation systems for pool use
- Aquatic Attractions and Waterfront Operational Management
- Model Health Aquatic Code MHAC Guidelines & Review of State specific Bathing Codes
Homeowners Association Aquatics Programs
At The Swimming Swan, we understand water safety and we know how to leverage our team and technology to bring our services to a variety of different facilities in particular with Homeowners Association communities.
Our main philosophy is to keep it simple for you while we take care of the rest. From managing swim lesson programs to conducting in-services, our management and on-site team conducts facility visits, safety checks, creates emergency action plans, provides pool equipment and fulfills insurance needs. A partnership with us helps take the aquatic weight off of your shoulders.
If you are a Board Member or Community Manager interested in an aquatics program for your community, we welcome the opportunity to be able to discuss our programs. Our staff can provide a multitude of programming from Learn to Swim Programs for Infants, Toddlers, Preschoolers, Children and Adults to Youth Swim Team and more.
Pool Operations and Management
From the very first day we hear your needs, we are in preparation to make this a success. We understand the privilege it is to expand our mission, create a good partnership with you, all while creating a win-win situation for your community. Whether your facility needs preliminary water safety consulting or you are looking for full-service management, we are always willing to work with your budget and will do our best to match any competitors’ offerings while providing transparency along the way.
Ready to work with us? See Locations We Serve Below
This article is brought to you by: The Swimming Swan