Head Lifeguard Jobs in Monterey
Head Lifeguard Jobs in Monterey
The Swimming Swan is excited to begin hiring for the upcoming Spring and Summer 2023 Season. We’re looking for experienced Head Lifeguards (Lifeguard Instructors) to manage teams of lifeguards at our various partner facilities throughout the Monterey County.
$150 NEW HIRE BONUSES, 50% Reimbursals for LIFEGUARD TRAINING & PARTICIPATION IN OUR CERTIFICATION CLASSES FOR ALL NEW HIRES, see below*
Head Lifeguard Position in Monterey, CA
The Swimming Swan is excited to begin hiring for the upcoming Spring and Summer 2023 Season. We’re looking for experienced Head Lifeguards/Lifeguard Instructors (LGI) to join us in managing teams at our throughout Monterey County. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of a background/reference check and drug screening.
We are dedicated to ensuring that we provide the highest quality services to our community, which is why we’re offering 50% Reimbursal of your LIFEGUARD certification & certification review courses for all of our staff at the end of the Season (Labor Day 2023). This includes lifeguards working onsite and for private clients. All are required to maintain their skills by participating in, at minimum, monthly in-services and recertification courses as needed.
- Must be a minimum of 19 years of age with a High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and valid ARC or equivalent certification including but not limited to: Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, AED
- Current LGI Lifeguard Instructor Certification required
- 3+ year(s) lifeguard experience preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment verbal, swimming, and in-water skills test
- Flexible schedule required
- Strong customer service background preferred
As a Head Lifeguard/LGI, your role includes:
- Teaching 1 to 2 Lifeguard certification courses each month.
- Each course will equate to roughly 20 hours (weekend) and follow Red Cross standards
- Conducting monthly in-service training for onsite & independent lifeguards. More in-service training may be required depending on needs.
- This includes pre-season training for local staff.
- Virtual and in-person training is required
- Working directly with the County Manager to manage local lifeguard leads and schedules
- Potentially aid in the interviewing/hiring of new lifeguards
Head Lifeguard Pay Rates
- Event Head Lifeguards start at $32 per hour
- Seasonal facility pay rates (25-35+ hours per week) range $19.50-$23.50
- There is a $150 bonus for any new applicants that get hired to work and finish out the summer season which ends Labor Day weekend, 2023.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Swimming Swan LLC., is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.