Lifeguards are responsible for overseeing the safety of persons in and around the water. They are trained to act quickly, perform rescues in and out of the water, and work as a team to make the pool a safe and positive environment for everyone. The Swimming Swan hires both Private Event and Local Facility lifeguards.
All Lifeguards are required to have a current ARC Lifeguard or equivalent certification OR be able to complete the certification course before the first day of hire.
The Swimming Swan is hiring!
We’re dedicated to providing the highest quality services to clients in our community, which is why we provide discounted certification & certification review courses for all of our staff. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of a background/reference check and drug screening. Pay Rates are based on experience, certifications, and clientele.
NEW TO LIFEGUARDING?
If You are New to Aquatics – check out our Red Cross Certification Courses. We have on-going classes so you can learn the skills required to work in the industry.
50% Reimbursement for Lifeguard Training and participation in our certification courses for all new hires that complete an entire season which is from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
General Qualifications, Pay Rates, & Bonuses
- Current and valid ARC or equivalent certification including but not limited to Lifeguard, CPR First Aid, and AED.
- Ability to pass pre-employment verbal skills, swim, and in-water skills tests.
- 1+ year lifeguard experience required.
- Strong customer service background preferred.
As a Swan Lifeguard, your role includes:
- Participating in pre-season training and a minimum of 4 hours of monthly in-service training in season.
- Virtual and in-person training required
- Opening and Closing Procedures, depending on schedule and hours.
- Monitoring pool-related activities closely throughout shifts and identifying any safety issues.
- Directing swimmers out of the pool and/or clearing the deck during hazardous conditions.
- Assisting in the maintenance of chemicals and pump room area(s) when applicable.
- Assisting in monitoring weather reports closely to ensure the safety of guests.
- Maintaining a clean environment in and around the pool
- Assisting in the organization and monitoring of pool parties or rentals.
- Providing assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary.
- Adhering to Proper Rotations and delegated Break Times.
Pay Rates depend on Certifications, Experience and Location. Facility lifeguards are paid at a competitive local rate, which can be seen in on the individual job listing. Private Event lifeguards are paid at a slightly higher rate due to travel demands.
- Gas compensation – $0.62 per mile after the first 15 miles (per trip)
- Referral bonuses of up to $100 once new hire fulfills 90 days of work
- Bonuses offered for positive online reviews
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Swimming Swan LLC., is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.