Lifeguard Certification Course, Gilroy CA
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
Please Read Completely
THIS CLASS IS FREE OF CHARGE for any candidate that seeks employment and is hired for the summer 2022 season at Christopher High School Aquatics Center. Any students that successfully pass this course and who are hired for the 2022 season, will be issued a Facility Site-Specific Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED Certification to be used at Christopher High School Aquatics Center in Gilroy, CA, only. Completion of this course does not guarantee you a job. Only applicants that are hired by The Swimming Swan, LLC. to work at Christopher HS Aquatics Center will receive a lifeguard certificate. The Swimming Swan, LLC. owns the lifeguard certificates. Additional pre-service training will be required prior to opening day. For more information, please contact our HR Manager, Hannah@theswimmingswan.com
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age on the first day of class.
- Complete Red Cross 8 Hours
- Pass Swim Test on first day of class:
- 300 yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke
- 2 minute tread using legs only
- Successfully complete a Timed event swim in 1 minute and 40 seconds, which starts in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10 lb. brick, swim the the brick back to starting wall and exit the water without the use of steps or ladder.
Required Online Course
Prior to the in-class session, all students must complete the Lifeguard Online Certification Course and bring in proof to verify the online portion is complete. Instructions on completing the online course will be emailed to you once you register for the course.
American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED Certification – valid for 2 years.
There are no refunds once you register and payment has been received. This policy includes students who do not pass their prerequisites or do not attend all classes for the entire duration of class, do not pass Red Cross required skills with proficiency or do not pass the written final with a minimum score of 80 percent.
If you do not pass the prerequisites, you are entitled to transfer the course to a later date. You must complete a transfer request form and pay the $45 fee to schedule a future class within 6 months of the original registration.