Facility Partnerships – Frequently Asked Questions :
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. DOES THE SWIMMING SWAN HAVE A PERMANENT FACILITY IN WHICH SWIM LESSONS ARE TAUGHT?
No, we do not have a specific swimming pool we use. Our Swim Coaches, Instructors and Lifeguards travel directly to you and can teach at any pool of your choosing. We can teach at any of the following: backyard pools, community pools, hotel pools, country club pools and public pools (if permitted).
2. WHAT LOCATIONS DO YOU SERVICE?
Currently, our California Team services the following areas: Southern and Northern California including San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, the Inland Empire, Ventura County and the San Francisco Bay Area (Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa County).
Our Florida Team services the following areas: Southern Florida and Gulf Coast (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach County and the Greater Tampa Bay Area).
3. DOES YOUR COMPANY HAVE INSURANCE?
Yes, we have a $2,000,000 commercial general liability insurance policy. Only Aquatic Program Services and Lifeguard Services that have been purchased and scheduled with our office staff and through our website are covered under The Swimming Swan’s insurance.
We can provide an Additional Insured Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy for your Aquatics Facility if needed. Please let us know.
The Swimming Swan LLC. is a Licensed Training Provider of the American Red Cross. We are also members of The United States Swim School Association, The National Drowning Prevention Alliance and A+ Members of the Better Business Bureau.
1. WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO YOUR SWIM INSTRUCTORS HAVE?
Our team consists of Red Cross certified Water Safety Instructors (WSI), USA Certified Swim Coaches and/or Certified Lifeguards with extensive backgrounds in swimming and teaching children. Each team member holds a current CPR/First Aid certification and have gone through a professional background screening and thorough evaluation prior to employment.
2. WHAT METHOD OF TEACHING DO YOUR INSTRUCTORS USE?
Our Swim Instructors teach lessons in a non-aggressive manner. We follow the Nationally Recognized American Red Cross curriculum and our hybrid Swimming Swan curriculum which contains United States Swim School Association training. For private one on one lessons – We individualize our swimming lessons based on the age and ability of each swimmer. For Group lessons – we strive for similar age and skill set for maximum benefit to all participants.
Our goal is to reach a level of trust with each participant so that they feel comfortable and at ease in learning the necessary skills to improve their aquatic safety. We do not dunk children or force them to complete a swim skill they are not ready for. We aim to create a teachable and fun atmosphere, where the swimmer is not dreading their next swim lesson.
3. WHAT KIND OF TRAINING DO YOU PROVIDE YOUR TEAM?
We provide a three tier training which includes virtual trainings and formal examinations on our processes, the Red Cross curriculum and The Swimming Swan LLC., curriculum. Quarterly assessments and evaluations are a part of our on going training which include in person teaching assessments.
3. DO YOUR INSTRUCTORS TEACH AT THEIR OWN POOLS?
Normally, our team travels to you. Some of our Swim Instructors however do have access to pools and can accommodate requests. Just let us know when you register for swim lessons and we will do our best to accommodate.
4. WHEN ARE LIFEGUARDS REQUIRED FOR YOUR AQUATIC SERVICE PROGRAM?
A Lifeguard(s) is required if there is more than one lesson taking place at the same time. This is for safety reasons and is a best practice. Normal Lifeguard Protocol will be in effect; one (1) Lifeguard for every 25 bathers in the pool.
LESSON PACKAGE DETAILS
1. DO YOU OFFER A LEARN-TO-SWIM GUARANTEE?
No, there is no guarantee that you or your child will learn in X amount of lessons because each participant learns at their own pace. We strive to teach without instilling any anxiety or stress and we never force a participant to learn a skill they are not ready for. We request the help of parents in encouraging children with their skills, for instance practicing blowing bubbles or getting their face wet during bath time. The more practice with these swimming skills, the better and quicker they can learn to overcome any fears they have.
2. WHAT’S A GOOD AGE FOR MY CHILD TO BEGIN SWIM LESSONS?
Children can begin lessons as early as six months of age in our parent & child class. Normally, children 3 years of age and older are able to learn self-rescue skills without the support of a parent with our teaching method. Again, each child learns at their own pace and some children will need more instruction than others.
3. AM I REQUIRED TO BE IN THE WATER DURING MY CHILD’S SWIM LESSONS?
If you are signing up for a parent & child class, you are required to be in the water with your child during the swim lesson. For ages 3 and up, we recommend you are not in the water because most children become distracted and it takes away from the learning of the lesson.
4. HOW MANY SWIM LESSONS PER WEEK SHOULD SOMEONE ENROLL?
A minimum of two swimming lessons per week at 30 minutes each lesson is advised to improve and progress on previously taught skill sets. We do offer accelerated lesson packages of 4-5 times per week. Please let us know your preferred schedule and we will do our best to accommodate.
5. HOW MANY SWIMMERS CAN BE IN ONE LESSON?
All of our swim lessons are taught either one on one, semi-private (2) swimmers and/or up to 5 swimmers per lesson. This can be modified depending on the swimming level.
6. DO YOU RECOMMEND FLOATATION DEVICES?
We don’t recommend arm floats; arm floats can slip off or the child might venture to an unsafe depth where they are far from reaching the wall. If you are researching floatation devices, we advise using a Coast Guard approved life jacket.
1. WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
All cancelled Aquatics Programs and Lifeguard Services must be done at least two(2) weeks in advance of the Service start date. Our Team is extremely busy with multiple clients and we want to make sure they utilize their time efficiently and are given proper notification.
2. WHAT HAPPENS IF IT’S STORMING AT THE TIME OF LESSONS?
ALL swimming lessons will be cancelled due to inclement weather. If more than half your lesson is completed and weather necessitates a reduction in lesson time, the lesson will be marked as completed. When in doubt, don’t go out. Stay safe!
3. WHAT IF A CHILD IS SICK AND IS IN A GROUP LESSON?
Children that are ill should not participate in their swim lessons until they are feeling well. Please let your instructor know ahead of the lesson so they can coordinate properly. Potential Make-Up Lessons available for all Aquatics Programs.
4. WHAT HAPPENS IF MY PROGRAM IS CANCELLED AND I NO LONGER NEED THESE SERVICES?
A minimum of two (2) weeks cancellation is needed for a partial refund which does not include the deposit.
5. WHAT IS YOUR SERVICE REFUND POLICY?
If an Aquatics Program is cancelled, a prorated refund will be given on any unused lesson dates. We require a minimum of two (2) weeks notice in advance for this refund policy.
1. WHAT ARE YOUR RATES?
Our Program Partnership Rates differ and depend on multiple factors. Please let us know more details so we can accurately give you a quote.
- Program Rates depend on the Number of Swimmers
- Required Lifeguard(s) on premises – staffed by The Swimming Swan
- Membership System with The Swimming Swan which includes Database, Registration, Waivers, HR and Payment System.
- Safety and Teaching Equipment provided by our third party vendors.
- Commercial General Liability Additional Location for your Facility added to The Swimming Swan’s policy
- Optional – Marketing & Advertising Service
- Optional, Coming Soon – Aqua Therapy, Adaptive Aquatics Classes
- Program based on Hourly Rate
- HR Payment System for our Team at your Facility
- Optional – Commercial General Liability Additional Location for your Facility added to The Swimming Swan’s policy
- Optional – Safety and Teaching Equipment provided by our third party vendors if needed.
2. WHEN CAN MY SERVICES BEGIN?
Our Team needs a minimum of forty-five (45) days to execute from start to finish. This can include the following : ordering equipment and proper teaching materials, properly staffing your program, potentially marketing out to prospective clients if desired, finalizing any additional insurance policies.
3. ARE THERE ANY ADDED COMMUTE EXPENSES?
Additional commute expenses may be added if our Swim Instructors and/or Lifeguards need to travel distances of more than 15 miles one way. Commute expenses can range from $5 to $10 per session. We will do our very best to locate the most qualified Swim Coach, Instructor or Lifeguard in your area to avoid this surcharge.
1. WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept Visa, Master card, Discover, American Express, PayPal and pay by check. Our Team does not accept cash payments.
2. WHEN WILL I BE CHARGED FOR THE SERVICE?
Payment per session is required in full at least two (2) weeks prior to the start of all Services. Each session can be billed monthly or bi-weekly. A good standing balance must be kept in order for the Service to continue.