Lifeguard Jobs in Palo Alto
Lifeguard Jobs in Palo Alto
The Swimming Swan is excited to begin hiring for the upcoming Summer 2022 Season. We’re looking for experienced Lifeguards to guard at local community facilities and occasional private events throughout Santa Clara County, CA.
We service the following areas throughout Santa Clara County: Campbell, City of Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Gatos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga and Stanford.
Lifeguard Jobs in Palo Alto, California
The Swimming Swan is excited to begin hiring for the upcoming Summer 2022 Season. We’re looking for experienced Lifeguards to guard at local community facilities and occasional private events throughout Santa Clara County, CA. The Swimming Swan is dedicated to ensuring that we provide the highest quality services to clients in our community, which is why we provide discounted certification & certification review courses for all of our staff. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of a background/reference check and drug screening. Pay Rates are based on experience, certifications, and clientele.
As a Swan Lifeguard, your role includes:
- Participating in pre-season training and a minimum of 4 hours of monthly in-service training in season.
- Virtual and in-person training required
- Opening and Closing Procedures, depending on schedule and hours.
- Monitoring pool-related activities closely throughout shifts and identifying any safety issues.
- Directing swimmers out of the pool and/or clearing the deck during hazardous conditions.
- Assisting in the maintenance of chemicals and pump room area(s) when applicable.
- Assisting in monitoring weather reports closely to ensure the safety of guests.
- Maintaining a clean environment in and around the pool
- Assisting in the organization and monitoring of pool parties or rentals.
- Providing assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary.
- Adhering to Proper Rotations and delegated Break Times.
- Private Events Hourly Rates starting at $28
- Partnership Pay Rates (Up to 40 hours per week) Starting at $18-20 per hour.
- Gas compensation – $0.62 per mile after the first 15 miles (per trip)
- Referral bonuses of up to $150
- Bonuses offered for positive online reviews
- Current and valid ARC or equivalent certification including but not limited to Lifeguard, CPR First Aid, and AED.
- Ability to pass pre-employment verbal skills, swim, and in-water skills tests.
- 1+ year lifeguard experience required.
- Strong customer service background preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Swimming Swan LLC., is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Earning Doesn't End in the Water
There’s more than one way to gain credit for your hard work.