Safety Training for Swim Coach Student: Policies and Procedures
ARC Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certification Course
Student Policies & Procedures
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age on the first day of class.
- Complete Red Cross 3 Hours Online Learning and bring verification to first day of class.
What to Bring to Class:
- Completed Online Learning Certification
- Bathing suit and towel, no bikinis allowed.
- Pen or Pencil
- Paper for note taking
- Light sweater for possible cooler weather
- Attend and participate in all class sessions and activities
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills
- Pass the final skills scenario
- Successfully pass the written final exam with an 80% or better
There are no refunds once the course has been registered for and payment has been received. This policy includes: students who do not pass their prerequisites or do not attend all classes for the entire duration of class, do not pass Red Cross required skills with proficiency or do not pass the written final with a minimum score of 80 percent.
Students can opt to transfer classes to another date. Class transfers are allowed a total of one time and transfer requests must be submitted on a Class Transfer Form at least 48 hours prior to the start date of their original class start date. All transfer classes must be completed within 6 months of the original class start date. All class transfer requests are $50.
The Swimming Swan LLC., reserves the right to cancel any classes at any time. If a class is cancelled, a full refund will be given OR students will be given the option to transfer classes to another date with no additional fees.
Only registered students are allowed on the pool deck and/or in the classroom during class. All visitors must wait outside in the parking lot OR leave the premises until class is over for the day.
- How old do I need to be to take the Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certification Class?
- 15 years of Age on the first day of class.
- How long does the online portion of class take?
- The online blended learning portion of the course is 3 hours long. A printed copy verifying this portion is complete must be brought to the first day of class in order to participate in the in-class session.
- Is there a lunch break for the all-day training class?
- Yes, we provide a 1 Hour Lunch Break where you are free to leave and purchase lunch OR you can bring your lunch with you to class.
- How long does it take to receive my certification?
- Certificates are available within 72 hours of class completion.
- Where do I access my certification?
- By Logging into the Learning Center with the username and password you created when you began the Blended Learning online portion of your course.
- Click on; My Learning, My Transcripts, and then Print.
- For any help; call 1-800-Red-Cross